Tuesday 6 September 2011

Salman chills on hospital bed, on doctors’ advice

MUMBAI: Actor Salman Khan, who is recuperating in Pennsylvania , is following his doctors' advice... and chilling. "The pain will ultimately disappear," he told TOI over the telephone from his hospital bed early on Sunday.

Khan underwent a sevenhour procedure on August 31 to fix his dual and rare medical problems-a brain aneurysm that was causing the condition trigeminal neuralgia or facial pain. "The pain is there and doctors have told me it will take a while before it goes off completely ,'' he said.

The actor said, "I always give my fans some reason to discuss me every year. Only thing is that it has been physically a very painful experience for me this year," he said.

The doctors have also told him to take it easy with his fight scenes. "I had to show them the kind of action required in my films and they told me to avoid it,'' he said. When the actor flies to Dublin to shoot for his next film, Ek Tha Tiger, he will mainly be doing 'talkie scenes' . Khan, who had stopped going to the gym for about a month before his operation, said, "I will start training soon, but I plan to take it slow and easy instead of upscaling immediately .''

The actor leaves the US for Dublin on September 9, but he will be back for a checkup after three months.
"I was under the impression that the procedure would take about 30 minutes, but it went on for seven hours. The procedure required a lot of precision and my case was slightly complicated ,'' he said. Doctors need to check on his aneurysm again to decide whether he needs another procedure.

The Bollywood actor returns to Mumbai in October after completing the first schedule of his next film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment